Sunday, May 01, 2016

Long Sleeve Denim Shirt for Mr.K

Mr.K asked me to sew denim shirt for him as I have 2 meters abandoned dark blue denim that I bought in Bandung 2 years ago.
Actually I had planned to make trousers for myself using that denim....
But ...Feeling pity on him then I let go my denim for mr.K ... :)

It was my very first experience sewing denim...and for the newbie sewer, it was like a dreaded chore ....
Denim is considered as thick fabric so that's why many newbies try to avoid this kind of fabric ...But if I never try I will not gain and learn something new ..


Okay...time for googling ...noted....sewing denim needs ;
- special yarn ...(I was using denim thread )
- special needle ...(I was using Organ needle, It's quite expensive compared with common sewing needle )
- roller presser foot .. (I dont have ...hiks...so I just used common presser foot and it made me half desperate...)

I made the pattern that suit to mr.K body size ...This is the advantage that you will not get from buying ready shirt as most of us do not have proportional sizes like what the ready shirt offers.

Mr. K has quite small shoulder length and has quite big tummy circumference ...
If he has to buy the ready shirt one then he will end up with confusion ...
he will pick size L for the shoulder length and size M for the tummy circumference ...hahahaha...
Lucky that he has me that can sew shirt for him...pedenyaaaa...:D :D :D

not forget to mention ...I learned to make the pattern from this website http://www.belajarbusana.com/2012/06/busana-kemeja-pria-menggambar-pola.html
Thank you for the writer..It helped me a lot ^^

kaayyy ...
Measuring done ...making pattern done..transferring pattern to denim done ...
Now ...the hardest part ...gathering each pieces of denim fabric ...
Many times I found the thread got tangle at the down-part of the fabric ...It simply happened due to the thickness of  fabric that I was coping with ...uughhh....
So irritating!! ... but ... Giving up on this was a big "No" for me ...
cieeee ....cooo cwiiittt ...eeehh kok ...baper ...
(forget about AADC2 okeh...you have to finish it quickly ,kaayyy ....)




When I was in my good mood I did the sewing ...when I wasn't in my mood I just simply neglected those fabrics ...and my mood kept swinging ...hahahha ...
No wonder it took one week to finish this shirt...

Oh iya...since I haven't had my own label...(cieee..gayaaa..jahit aja jarang mo bikin label sendiri :D :D ..
So I detached my old and unused "Lea press n permanent pant's label" ...
as the result... mr.K's shirt has the label of Lea... hahaha....
which is frankly it was purely made by his sweet wife ...ciiieeeeehhh

okeh pemirsah yang budiman ...Let's have a look ... ^^

Can you see ....It's so obvious...."Lea label was attached below collar and at the edge of the pocket " ... :D


The colour of the thread and the denim fabric itself is quite contrast..giving a better look ... ^^


two lines seam ..giving the effect of boutique made ...
Jahitnya di buat dua garis biar kek taylor beneran ...padahal gadungan :D




side seam using french seam technique (I learned from yuchhupp :D )...
This time I put my serger machine away ....Jangan ngambek yaaa mesin obras..ga kupake dulu ...
macam kek jahitan di celana jeans kita ntuh ...

see...no serger needed






 


I give my credit to my Janome J3-24 for accomplishing this project ...ciieeee...selamet ya Jeyyyy ...sambil cipika cipiki ...cup cup muaahh muaahhh ...



ta raaaaaa ... How do I look !!!....
Gorgeous ...yeeeeee...thank you..thank you...Dont mention it ...
:D


Photo was taken indoor ...lack of light source ...
anyway..it's the back shoulder part ...

ta raaaaaa...
It's mr.K ...How do you think...
The shirt is super fit with him, isn't it?...
He refused to show "kegantangannya" ...
hahaha ...

Okeh pemirsah...thank you for dropping by ^^








0 comments:

 

thanks for your visit